Saturday, May 8, 2010

Awkwardness

I saw off some relatives who were bound for Europe today. As the send-off party and I drove out of the airport, I decided to phone them to see if they got through customs without the words "this may feel a little cold and weird" being uttered to them.

As I made the call and was promptly directed to the relative's voice-mail, a wanker driver cut us off. The next few seconds were a blur. Essentially though, I decried the wanker's driving style as "asshole-esque" in a somewhat loud tone not long after "leave a message after the beep (BEEP)" came through on the other end of the line.

So, mum, once you land at the airport, there's another Mothers' Day present waiting for you on your voice-mail.

That is all, except for this, which I thought a novel way to start a book:






The book in question.















Page 1.

1 comment:

  1. Bahaha! I hope Jan doesn't hand the phone to Grandma to check the messages. Or maybe I do... I'd love to see her face.

    Andre should have hired an editor.

    ReplyDelete